Psalms 24:6 - This is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face, O God of Jacob. Selah.
Welcome to the new home of the Rechoboth Baptist Youth Group at Rechoboth Baptist Church in Soddy Daisy, TN. Take some time and look around, check out the message boards, the blogs, the games, and the rest. Then send me an e-mail, I would love to hear from you and welcome any idea for the new website.
Christmas Party @ Super Fly Jump Park - December 19, 7-9 PM
Study Hall Starts Back - January 11
Winter Retreat - MLK Weekend
Winter Mission Trip to Bland, VA - Presidents Day Weekend
Quiet Time Hints
1. Honor God - Get alone to a quiet place, turn off all your stuff and get on your knees and be humble
2. Get into the Word - Read a Psalm a Proverb and pick a chapter in the Bible (I'd start in the new testament with John) and just read
3.Quote the Scriptures - Find a verse that really stuck out to you and say it out loud
4. Journal your thoughts - Write out the verse and write what God is saying to you through it.
5. Meditate on the Word - This just means to keep thinking about what you read all day long.
6. Memorize it - Pretty easy one here
7. Pray - Talk to God about what's going on in your life and don't forget to listen
8. Give God Thanks - Thank God for all He has done for you that day.
9. Resolve to Live what you Read - It's nice and all to read, study, and Memorize the Bible, but if you don't live it ..... Who cares?
10. Just do it - These are just suggestions to having an effective quiet time each day, just a help to get started. You will find out what works and doesn't work for you as you continue or start your walk daily with God, but whatever it is. JUST DO IT.
Verse of the Month:
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly John 10:10
ATTN: For those who are having a hard time finding the message boards on this site, just click the Rechoboth Youth Lightning Water pic above to get to the message boards.
All the new parental discussion guides are up - click here